Recipe: Creamy Cauliflower Soup from Mountain View Conference's Wellness Camp
Recipe by Oleta Emerson, head cook at Mountain View Conference's Wellness Camp
12 - 15 cups Chopped Cauliflower
6 cups Water
1/3 cup (or to taste) Chicken Style seasoning
2 tsp (or to taste) Pink Himalayan Salt
3 cups Chopped Yellow Onion
1 & 1/2 cup Cashews
1 cup Water
1) Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large cooking kettle.
2) Next Add Chopped Cauliflower, Chopped Onion, Chicken Style Seasoning, and Himalayin Sea Salt to the 6 cups of boiling water and cook till Cauliflower is soft (approx. 20 - 30 min.)
Be sure Cauliflower is cooked adequately to avoid any bitterness.
3) While the above is cooking.
Blend/Whiz the cashews in the last 1 cup of cold water until creamy, creamy, creamy smooth (no grit is to be felt by fingers when blender is not running).
4) Lastly add some of the hot Cauliflower Soup mixture to the blender with the cashews/water mixture and blend well.
5) Pour this blended mixture back into kettle and stir. Adjust salt, Chicken Style Seasoning, and Water to taste and consistency desired.
6) Garnish with Chopped avocado, Chopped spring Onions, or a dash of paprika for color contrast.
Taste delicious when served with raw kale salad, and a slice of gluten free toast with avocado on it or served in a cup as a side to a large full plate salad. Leftovers are as good/better than the day the soup was originally made.
Read these articles from the January/February 2020 Visitor Magazine:
- Feature: Beans for Breakfast
- Editorial: A Year of Possibilities
- Change that Lasts
- Find Victor the Visitor Mouse (and get a gift from LivingWell!)
- Get Healthy in 2020 With These Tips!
- How to Order Extra 2020 Calendars
- Start Taking Photos for the 2021 Calendar
- Visitor Editors Through the Years
- Watch Videos from the Columbia Union Leadership Summit on Sola Scriptura
- What Do People Eat at Wellness Camp?