Maryland Nurse Shares How Frontline Workers Provide More Than Medical Care
Story by Visitor Staff
Besides taking care of the physical needs of COVID-19 patients, nurse Crystal Lubis has the privilege of virtually connecting patients to family members during some of their most intimate moments.
Lubis, who frequently attends Potomac Conference’s Capital Chinese church in Silver Spring, Md., is a bedside nurse in the adult intensive care unit at a hospital in suburban Maryland. A nurse for 12 years, she’s frequently on the dedicated COVID-19 ICU section.
During times when visiting is limited due to the pandemic, the hospital and staff like Lubis are finding creative ways to still keep sick family members connected to their patients. They use plaforms like Zoom and Facetime to connect family members to each other.
Related Articles and Resources
- 5 Ways Columbia Union Members are Creating Community
- Adventists Adjust to Social Distancing--The New Normal
- Adventist Community Services of Greater Washington to Distribute Diapers
- Adventist Leaders Discuss Options for Upcoming General Conference Session
- Andrews University Transitions to Distance Education
- Blue Mountain Academy Student Ministers While Distance Learning
- Columbia Union Conference Pathfinder Bible Exchange Postponed
- Columbia Union Designates Special Day of Prayer, Sabbath March 28
- Drive-By 'Parade of Compassion' Connects Community
- Doctors Declare New Jersey Adventist Patient a Miracle
- Estimada familia de la Unión de Columbia
- Help Maryland Families During Coronavirus Shutdown
- How is COVID-19 Impacting Columbia Union Business Owners?
- How to Give Tithes and Offerings Online
- How to Help During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Help Your Church Go Digital (Lots of resources)
- How to Support Older Adults
- Information Regarding COVID-19 from Adventist Risk Management
- Maryland Nurse Shares How Frontline Workers Provide More Than Just Medical Care
- Mount Olivet Members Answer Call to Service
- NAD Administration Provides Guidance for Church in North America During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Visitor Team to host Conversation Series on Impact of Covid-19
- Watch Visitor News Live Episodes
- Where God Wants Me to Be
- WGTS 91.9 Launches "Hope-Filled Fridays Campaign"
- World Church Executive Committee Votes to Postpone General Conference Session