WGTS 91.9 Says Thank You to Local Heroes
Johnny and Stacey Stone from Afternoons on WGTS 91.9 headed to Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center recently to say "thank you" and "we are praying for you" to all of the health care workers there. They arrived at just as the evening shift was changing and kept their distance as they held up signs saying "Heroes" and "Air Hugs" to those coming into work.
"You could see the smiles on the faces of those coming in when they heard thank you or saw our signs," explained Johnny Stone. "Those coming out looked so overloaded but they laughed and waved at us when they heard us saying that they are amazing and that we are praying for them."
WGTS 91.9 plans to visit other hospitals and testing sites in the coming weeks to remind everyone that God is with them. They are also asking their listeners to make signs for health care workers, first responders and others who are essential and post them to social media with the hashtag #WGTSHeroes to thank these important people.
Related Articles and Resources
- 5 Ways Columbia Union Members are Creating Community
- Adventists Adjust to Social Distancing--The New Normal
- Adventist Community Services of Greater Washington to Distribute Diapers
- Adventist Leaders Discuss Options for Upcoming General Conference Session
- Andrews University Transitions to Distance Education
- Columbia Union Conference Pathfinder Bible Exchange Postponed
- Columbia Union Designates Special Day of Prayer, Sabbath March 28
- Doctors Declare New Jersey Adventist Patient a Miracle
- Estimada familia de la Unión de Columbia
- Help Maryland Families During Coronavirus Shutdown
- How is COVID-19 Impacting Columbia Union Business Owners?
- How to Give Tithes and Offerings Online
- How to Help During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Help Your Church Go Digital (Lots of resources)
- How to Support Older Adults
- Information Regarding COVID-19 from Adventist Risk Management
- Mount Olivet Members Answer Call to Service
- NAD Administration Provides Guidance for Church in North America During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Visitor Team to host Conversation Series on Impact of Covid-19
- Watch Visitor News Live Episodes
- WGTS 91.9 Launches "Hope-Filled Fridays Campaign"
- World Church Executive Committee Votes to Postpone General Conference Session